Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is a self-regulating agency which conducts a common written test for Recruitment of the IBPS Specialist Officer in public-sector and nationalized banks.
Candidates are recruited as Specialist officer in various banks for the different positions like:
4)Agriculture field Officer
Candidates must fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- The age of candidates must be as follows as on November 1, 2018
- Candidate must be minimum 20 years of age and a maximum of 30 years of age, i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than November 2, 1988, and not later than November 1, 1997 (both dates inclusive).
Age Limit Relaxation
The age relaxation limit for various categories are as follows:
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- PWD: 10 years
- In the case of Ex-servicemen commissioned officers, including ECOs/ SSCOs, who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within the next one year from the last date for receipt of application) other than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to military service or on invalidment, subject to ceiling as per Government guidelines: 5 years
- Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period January 1, 1980, to December 12, 1989: 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots: 5 years
For I.T. Officer (Scale-I):
- 4 year Engineering Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation or
- Post Graduate Degree in Electronics/ Electronics & Tele Communication/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications or
- Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level
For Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I):
- 4 year Degree (graduation) in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/ Agri.Engineering/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture/ Agri Marketing & Cooperation/ Co-operation & Banking/ Agro-Forestry
For Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I):
- Post Graduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the degree (graduation) level or
- Postgraduate degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the degree (graduation) level.
For Law Officer (Scale I):
- A Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council
For HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I):
- Graduate and Full-time Postgraduate degree or Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management / Industrial Relations/HR/HRD/ Social Work / Labour Law.
For Marketing Officer (Scale I):
- Graduate and Full-Time MBA (Marketing) / Full time 2 years PGDBA/ PGDBM with specialization in Marketing.
For posts other than IT Officer Scale I candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer /Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.